The Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution Scholarship
“The OSCCR Scholarship is made possible by the UTEP Bookstore”.
The Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR) Scholarship will be awarded this Fall 2018 to one student enrolled at University of Texas at El Paso. The criteria to qualify for this scholarship are as follows:
• Applicant must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Applicant may be an undergraduate or graduate student
• Applicant must be in good standing with the University and have no disciplinary history with the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (or at any other previous institution/school)
• Must be enrolled as a full time student during the Fall 2018 semester
The top 10 contestants will be featured in the Bookstore’s digital magazine August/September 2018 issue. The feature will include your headshot, and a short quote that explains why integrity matters to you. If you are a top 10 contestant, you will be contacted once we have received all submissions.
The first place contestant of the OSCCR Scholarship will receive a $500 book voucher to the University of Texas El Paso Bookstore. The runner up will receive a $100 book voucher to the University of Texas El Paso Bookstore.
- Supplemental Questions
- Full Name
- UTEP ID #:
- Email address at miners.utep.edu
- Cell Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Self-Described Race/Ethnicity:
- Submit a 500 – 1,000 word essay that explains how you have exhibited academic integrity during your time at UTEP (if you are a new, incoming student, how have you exhibited academic integrity at your previous institution/school). While writing your essay, keep the following questions in mind:
- While writing your essay, keep the following questions in mind: • What does academic integrity mean to you? • Why is academic integrity important? • What are some examples of how you have shown your academic integrity? • How does academic integrity align with UTEP Edge? • How does academic integrity correlate to lifelong success? The above questions should serve as a guide for your essay. Please do not answer each question separately. Your essay does not have to include all of the above questions, but it should in some way show you have comprehensive knowledge of academic integrity.
- CERTIFICATION: I certify that the information I have provided is complete and correct to the best of my knowledge. If my application is accepted, I agree to abide by the policies, rules, and regulations of the scholarship requirements. I authorize the Office of Scholarships to verify the information I have provided. I further understand that this information in determining my general eligibility and that the submission of false information is grounds for rejection of my application and/or withdrawal of a scholarship offer may be used. I authorize the publication of any award I may receive.
- Show 5 more